Monday, April 22, 2013

God is still in Control

Friday April 19th 2013

This week has been a very intense one to say the least. First it was the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday, then we had the explosion at the fertilizer plant in Waco Texas on Wednesday, next it was massive flooding in the mid-west on Thursday and unfolding as I write is the apprehension of the 2nd suspect involved in the Boston marathon bombings on Monday-who was spotted on a boat in a person's backyard -alive!. In 5 short days many lives have been lost, many people have suffered injuries, and many families have been left homeless. People are in mourning, some are anxious, some are angry, some in shock, some numb, and others in utter confusion. The end result is that lives have dramatically changed.

 What can we learn from all that is happening? Let me share with you what I have learnt. Evil is ever present among us but God is still in control. He did not abdicate the throne He remains seated at the right hand of God making intercession for all of us. I cannot explain why these events were allowed to happen, but I do know one thing Satan has not won he is still a defeated foe, he will not get the glory from this, instead God will get the glory. 

I also learnt that as a Christian I need to remain vigilant, abhor what is evil and cleave to that which is good. I learnt that we cannot tell about a person by his appearance, mannerism, or demeanor, but rather by his fruits or his actions. Appearance can be deceiving. Another thing I learnt is that I must more that ever continue to pray for wisdom and understanding and a spirit of discernment. I must continue to pray for those in my household-for my spouse, children and the rest of my family members. I must not cease to pray for my neighbors and friends, and for this great nation of the United States.
Do not allow the events of this week to paralyze you. Enjoy your family this weekend. Try to find  some time to pray together as a family and pray for those who were affected by these events this week. Pray especially for your children that they will not get side-tracked and influenced by Satan.

Turn the news off for a while.  If you must discuss the events of this week with younger children (if they ask), avoid the details and maintain an air of calm.  Whatever you do, remember to give God thanks and praise for all He is and all that he has done.

 In His Service,

 Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment