Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Carols



It is almost Christmas. Did you get all your shopping done? Well there is not much time left so get going.

As I think about Christmas I cannot help but reflect on my Christmases in Jamaica. In addition to the food and visiting other people's home, I absolutely loved when we went caroling so early in the morning.  Caroling reminds me of the angels announcing the birth of Jesus Christ. I especially liked the carol "Joy to the World" Whenever I sing it I feel Like a news broadcaster with breaking news telling the world to receive or accept their King who had finally come.

Caroling may no longer be happening your neighborhood, your community, or in your state, but the message still needs to get out about the birth of Jesus Christ the Savior of the world.

As you put the finishing touches on your Christmas shopping or hanging those decorations, keep reflecting on the reason Christians celebrate Christmas.

Here is a start: Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace...


In His Service,

Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment