Friday, January 25, 2013

Lawful does not mean Beneficial


I hope you are all doing well and keeping warm especially over these last few very cold days. For those of you in Florida, and Jamaica, how about bottling up some of that sunshine and sending it our way? If you prefer we could make an exchange snow for some sunshine going once, twice, gone!

Let me pause here to give a very special welcome to those mothers who recently became a part of MPUSH (Mothers Praying Until Something Happens). I hope you will be blessed and empowered as you receive my weekly e-mails.

For this week I would like to share a verse from I Cor. 6:12 "Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

Although Paul was speaking to the Corinthians concerning sexual immorality, I do believe that this verse can be applied in general to us today. Paul in this verse is basically saying that what is permitted is not our only guide for our behavior. In other words there are limitations to our liberty. I may not get arrested for not wearing a helmet when I ride a bike or if I do not wear my seat belt, but are these behaviors beneficial especially if I get involved in an accident. You may have the resources to buy your children everything they ask you for but is this beneficial to them?  What happens if one day somebody says no to them? We cannot allow ourselves to be overpowered by our freedom that we make unhealthy choices in life. Food is necessary for our physical growth, but it does not mean that I eat everything that I see whether it is healthy or not.  Mothers we have the ability to make choices on how we raise our children. We can choose to do what is popular or we can use restraints and raise them according to the word of God.

How do we judge what is beneficial for us or our children? As we make daily decisions in life we need to consider the impact they will have on us or on our children. How does it affect my relationship with God? How will this impede my race? If you are unable to show a positive impact, I suggest we reconsider.

Please continue to pray for our children in the various continents, tomorrow we conclude praying for children in Europe and we start on Sunday to pray for children on the continent of North America. Do not forget that our next meeting will be on Saturday February 2nd at 4pm. We will meet at 920 Morningdale Dr. Wilmington, 19810

In His Service,

Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment