Friday, March 15, 2013

Prayer for Wisdom and Understanding


As a reminder March is considered "nutrition month" I hope you are able to read the daily healthy road tips that I have been posting on my Face book page on healthy nutrition and physical activity. If you have not seen them- visit my face book page: mpush810 or visit my website at www.mpush.org. These are really simple Before you decide they are too challenging, give it a try, you may be surprised at what you are able to accomplish.  Let me share with you something I was always told as a young girl growing up:” If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again”
This is something that we all need to practice as well as to use as a motivation for our children. Giving up is a very easy thing to do, on the other hand it takes a lot of stamina to stay the course. Phil 4:13 reminds us “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  As mothers we are blessed with the unique ability to stay the course, to P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens) through our difficult, painful times to ensure that our children walk in obedience to God and fulfill their destiny.  As I often remind you praying for our children is never an option. It is not about the length of your prayers, but more so the sincerity and consistency.  As I often remind us, it is also necessary to pray for other children as well, because when you thing about it, they are the ones your children will associate with, will go to school with, work with, fall in love with and marry. 

One of the things we all want for our children is that they will have within them the spirit of wisdom and understanding through the revelation of who God is. This will determine how they operate their lives and the decisions that they make daily.

 Hence our prayer for our children this week comes from Ephesians 1:17-19 which I will paraphrase.  Lord give our children the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, and the knowledge of You, that the eyes of their hearts be enlightened, that they will know the hope to which You have called them, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints and His Incomparable great power for us who believe.

In His Service,

Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment