Friday, March 22, 2013

PUSHING Through Your Pain


I hope this week was a good one for you. My week was somewhat challenging especially today. You may not know or probably don’t remember but today was exactly 1 year ago that I unexpectedly lost my 28 year old son.  At the moment it was as if my world came crashing down around me. It was a significant jolt to me and my family. There had to be some substantial adjustment, refocus and a change of perspective. However through your prayers and Gods faithfulness that He will never leave or forsake us- I am still standing. The journey has not been a smooth one; there were days that I had to crawl, other days I was limping, there were days when I was able to actually walk and there were those days that I could run. I tried at all times to maintain my focus on God, and his love for me and the knowledge that He never intends to cause us pain. There were days when I had to speak loudly to myself “God knows how to turn your situation around for His glory” and this helped me to move on.

In life we will meet challenges, but it is not about the challenge instead it is how you choose to handle it.  Hebrews 4: 15-16 tells us: For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

As mothers I do not know what you may be going through or dealing with- a sick child, a wayward child, or a child who is incarcerated. Perhaps it is a child who you have no idea where he or she is; maybe it is a child that has hurt you so badly you have built up a spirit of resentment towards them. Whatever it is do not allow it to overwhelm you.  My advice to you is not to give up. Make the choice to push through the Pain that you may be feeling. 2 Cor. 12:9a But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Allow God to carry you on his shoulders as you go through your stormy sea. As the song says: “I am strong when I am on your shoulders you raise me up to be more that I can be” In our strength we cannot do it, so allow God to take over.
If you can, Join my husband and I tomorrow as we share God’s word” Overcoming Loss: The Healing Journey” at Rebuilders Apostolic Ministry 2541 Church Rod, Bear DE.

In His Service,

Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment