Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Test or a Bless?

I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and at the moment coming up with creative ways to use up all those left overs.  So go ahead knock your socks off and enjoy!  Thank God my family and I made it through and all was well. I know that it was not by our strength, but that a number of you were praying for us and we thank you so very much.
I actually spent my Thanksgiving in Long Island New York and was out to do some shopping as well with my daughter…not the early morning rush, more like a mid-morning saunter.  One of the stores I went into was Macy’s and I got some pretty reasonable deals.  My total bill looked somewhat less than I anticipated but because there was a long line I took my receipt and walked out of the store. I stopped just outside the door and went back over my purchases and realized that one of the items, the second most expensive one was not rung up on the bill.  According to this Christian comedian I thought is this a “test or a bless”? Well I concluded it was a test and I walked back into the store and brought it to the attention of the cashier, and paid for the sweater. The cashier while thanking me kept looking at me with her mouth opened in disbelief. I said to her I really would not enjoy wearing this knowing it was not paid for. Why am I telling you this? In addition that this was the right thing to do as a Christian; I also was setting an example for my daughter although a grown individual. It is not only what you say, but what you do that matters. If I was overcharged I would be back to get my credit, so why not when I am undercharged?

How would this be a blessing? It would have been a blessing if someone chose to pay for the item for me, it would be a blessing if I had a coupon that gave me this item free, and it would have been a blessing if I was chosen from a group to get an item free. However, the clerk’s mistake in not checking the item was definitely not the blessing for me to enjoy.
Many times we mistake our Tests for blessings especially when it is to our advantage. However, how does God feel when we fail? So the next time you may be faced with such a situation ask yourself is this a “test or a bless?”

Have you been keeping up with the challenge of praying for our children “50 States in 50 days?”  We are almost half-way there, keep PUSHING you can do it.  

In His Service,

Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment